Hell Slice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

5 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post  Nuggetz Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Username: Nuggetz

DoZ Username: CyberNuggets

E-mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (shared with older brother)

Sex: Female

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Favorite hobby: Raving

Favorite TV show: Xone

Favorite Color: Cyan

Favorite Song: Time For A Change

Interests: Anything to do with computers, programming, raving, and colorz.

Career/Job/Occupation: 9th Grader at Birmingham Performing Arts High School (Musical Theatre)

Known Programming Languages: C (Mastered), C# (Mastered), C++ (Mastered), Scheme (In Training), Ruby (In Training), Python (Rookie)

Random Information: I'm a night person. Why? Because I like it when Ninjaboi's all alone. It delights me. <3

Sorry, I was bored.

Nuggetz
User

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post  Ninjaboi Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Shocked woah, the random information bit was pretty shocking......not! Very Happy lol joke. Man you've mastered C, C++, and C#?! Man I would never say I am a master at any of the 3 lol. I will definitely be needing some help from you when I move more forward into C# after I finish HTML. ( If your willing of course ).

Ninjaboi
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 am

Dam....I'm just a novice in HTML and Java scripting....

oh and yo nugg
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Clive67 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:00 am

Hello Nuggetz welcome to the forums
Clive67
Clive67
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuggetz Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks.

On a side note, C# takes weeks, maybe even days to learn due to its simplified Keyword/Operator system, so you are well-off on that. HTML on the other hand, and it's counter part, XHTML, is being constantly updated, and you'll always need to be on-track, even though the <> </> will always stay the same.

Otherwise, I'll help out Smile

Nuggetz
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjaboi Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 am

Well thank you nuggetz Very Happy . I had bought a few new books to help me along, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

Ninjaboi
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuggetz Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Books.

No wonder you progress so slow.

I know this isn't the time and place to discuss psychology, but all you need to truly do to master any markup or programming language is to jot down the guidelines, memorize them, and do the same with languages of their counterparts. Believe it or not, for each language you start to learn, it'll be loads easier to memorize, even if you are stuffing 10x more information into your brain, you can comprehend it about 25x faster.

If you have a real life friend that is just as interested in learning how to program in whatever language you are studying, even better...

As opposed to sitting down and reading a book on a periodic basis, even if it's well-organized.

Nuggetz
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjaboi Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 am

Well at a time when I first started I did do that, but it doesn't take long before you realize that you are skipping through important information that can later help you comprehend the harder material. When you go out there in the professional world, there are several things that you will need to know that, at first, you just put aside thinking it was irrelevant. There are indeed books out there that go from A-Z so to say on many subjects that even though are not the primary parts of the language you are coding in, are fundamentals that can and will be able to be applied to future understandings of another language. An example of this could be going from Java to C or C++. Java, as you probably already know, has a data 'garbage collector' that allows you to not have to worry about cleaning up after yourself ( And you obviously know the ups and downs to that ). When they convert over and start C or its super-set C++, they will notice rather quickly that the section of their programming fundamentals book that says 'Data handling and management' was something they should have gone through.

I do agree that taking the primary topics of a language and the syntax of it and learn them is key at first, but if you want it to be a 'smoother' ride, I would definitely suggest going out and getting a book that has been recognized as a great starter into programming. These usually are titled something like 'Learn programming using C++' or 'Master programming with Java'. Books I wouldn't usually find or if I did I would never get are probably titled 'Learn C++ with some understanding of programming' or 'Master Java and learn a bit about programming techniques'. Programming strategies and all the branches that go along with it should come first to a programmer. Yes the languages such as Java, Python, C, C++, etc are considered programming languages, but as you notice I say 'Programming languages'. In other words, even a language isn't considered absolute programming, and is just a branch of it. Thank you for you input Nuggetz Very Happy I love talking code with others ( I get a high off of it ).

Ninjaboi
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Dario Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Nuggetz wrote:
Favorite hobby: Raving

uhh, what's that? Very Happy

Dario
Admin

https://hellslice.all-up.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjaboi Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:41 am

My best guess Dario is that it is partying or night club type of stuff.

Ninjaboi
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Dario Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 am

oh cool.

Dario
Admin

https://hellslice.all-up.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content